Hi ya’ll! I love making my own Fall decor! Especially when I can make something super adorable for super cheap! So, today I am going to show you how to make toilet paper pumpkins, one of my newfound favorites.
I was able to make these toilet paper pumpkins for less than $2.00 each and they took less than 10 minutes to make. They can also be easily customized to fit your style simply by choosing your favorite fabric!
What Are Toilet Paper Pumpkins?
Toilet Paper Pumpkins are exactly what they sound like. There are no fancy materials needed. It is simply a roll of toilet paper wrapped in fabric. But with a few tweaks and accessories you can disguise the “every day basic necessity” (toilet paper) as an adorable Fall decoration!
Ways To Decorate Toilet Paper Pumpkins
- Cover with flannel or gingham for a farmhouse look
- For a more classy look, cover with silk or velvet
- Wrap in chunky yarn or sweater fabric for a cozy feel
- Add a burlap leaf or green ribbon
- Tie on a burlap bow
- Swap out the twig for a cork or cinnamon sticks
What You Need
- Roll of toilet paper (Regular or Mega)
- Fabric (I used Waverly Inspirations 18″x21″ pre-cut fat quarter in Solid Pumpkin and Feathers Steel)
- Twig for stems
- Twine (optional)
How To Make Toilet Paper Pumpkins
When I saw this DIY all over Pinterest, I knew I had to try my hand at making some. I saw a few different techniques in my research but I decided to make a few changes of my own.
Step 1: Unroll The Toilet Paper
The first change I made was to unroll the entire roll of toilet paper. Other tutorials said to unroll 10x but it wasn’t quite fluffy enough. However, I used regular size rolls. So, if you are using mega rolls you may need to only unroll it 10x.
TIP: Save money by purchasing a 4 pack of toilet paper from Dollar Tree (equals out to approximately .32 per roll).
Step 2: Wrap The Toilet Paper Roll
Start with a corner first, then carefully gather the fabric to create pleats. Then tuck the ends of the fabric into the toilet paper roll.
TIP: Gently press down on the top to give it a wider, fuller look.
Step 3: Twine And Twig
Firstly, you will need to cut (or break) a twig at 4-5 inches long. Then cut a piece of twine at 19 inches.
Now, wrap the twine around the twig 2x, then tie into a bow.
Step 4: Finish Assembling The Toilet Paper Pumpkins
The last step is simply placing the twig into the top of the toilet paper roll down to the twine!
Ways To Display Toilet Paper Pumpkins
- Place on a mantel with Fall colored candles and leaf garland
- Display on a wood slice with Fall foliage in terra cotta or neutral toned vases
- Use them to add festive color to your collage of family photos on a TV stand or shelf
- Gather a few toilet paper pumpkins on a tray and use as a table centerpiece
You May Also Like
For more pumpkin decor ideas, check out my Yarn Pumpkins.
Or if you want an easy and adorable wreath DIY, check out my Boho Rag Wreath.
If Boho is not your style, no problem! Just swap out the fabric to create your own style!