Hi ya’ll! So, today I wanted to talk about “out of the ordinary gratitude”.
You may be looking at the screen thinking, what in the world is she talking about?
Well, let me tell you about it! 😋
What is out of the ordinary gratitude?
First off, I want to explain what gratitude is.
Gratitude is a sincere feeling of appreciation for a particular object or person, which in turn creates a content and happy heart.
(This is simply my speculation, not Websters definition.)
Obviously we all have those special people or things that we are thankful for (e.g. family, friends, our home). But what about the random/ nonessentials in our everyday? Or even a passerby that may have impacted our lives?
An example of out of the ordinary gratitude
So, a few nights ago my family and I were leaving our local polling place and I got thinking about the nice people we see there from year to year. Their smile makes voting seem more like an “honor” than a “duty”. Plus they refrain from laughing at me when I need help figuring out the electronic voting. (Thankfully this year it was good old fashioned paper! 😆)
That night made me realize that there are many things, including people, that we overlook on a daily basis. So, I decided to challenge myself to start looking outside of the box for things that I am thankful for.
My Top 10 list of unordinary gratitude
- Election Poll Workers!
- Paper. (Electronic notes are handy but I’m still a bit old fashioned at the age of 33.)
- My dishwasher. (Growing up I was the dishwasher. So, this handy machine is my best friend nowadays!)
- Darrell’s Donuts. (Our local shop of yummy goodness! My parents took me and my siblings most Saturdays as kids. So, my husband and I decided to continue that tradition with our kids!)
- Walmart Grocery Pick-up!
- Buying stamps through the mail.
- My office.
- Hand wand in the shower. (This makes kids bath time and cleaning the tub 10x easier!)
- Amazon Photo Storage.
- WiFi at home! (I’d say this should currently be #1 on my list. We went years without it, and barely had any service on our phone being that we live in the woods. Moreover, it has allowed me to pursue my latest passion- my blog!)
Join My GRATITUDE CHALLENGE
As you can see from my list above, we all have unordinary things in our lives that we naturally take for granted. But what if those things disappeared today? Would we have a greater appreciation for them tomorrow?
So, here’s the challenge- find something “out of the ordinary” everyday and write it down. Maybe it’s an employee at your favorite store, or a kitchen gadget that has been a lifesaver. However, nothing is too unordinary in this Out Of The Ordinary Gratitude Challenge!
In order to help motivate you in this challenge I created an “Out Of The Ordinary” Gratitude Journal page. And the best part is that it’s FREE!
Check out the form below for more information.
And for more ways to creating a grateful heart check out this post!